Grateful casualty of these turbulent economic times. My firm's caseload was dwindling and I wasn't getting enough billable work. So I was liberated to make more money, and to have a change. Unlike many, I really like change. And now I have more time to blog :-)
I've also figured out what I would like in my next work environment, you know, when you're sitting at your desk saying to yourself, When I'm liberated from this place I'm not going to put up with the following:
lack of technological resources - I mean, you shouldn't have to beg for a Blackberry, right?
boring coworkers-- But how are you going to know if your coworkers are going to be boring? You really don't, so it's better to work in a place with more people to explore. So, I'm looking for somewhere a bit bigger, where I'll have more peers. I didn't have any in the last place.
lack of monetary rewards on the horizon (I don't think my erstwhile firm even paid bonuses)
MONEY, meaning the firm has to have money. If I had known what the partners billed at -- approximately $5/hr more than I billed at -- I could have figured out that they were not making any money. I wonder if it's okay to ask in an interview.
(Please forgive incoherency, if that's even a word, because I'm on codeiny (which I know is not a a word, but I've been watching Whedon-written reruns) cough meds. Flu.)
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment