Tuesday, July 15, 2008

what fratchling wants, fratchling gets

My one and only known reader, the enigmatic fratchling, has requested that I write more frequently, and by golly, I think she's right.

Let's discuss Facebook. I got an account awhile ago, but go months without remembering that I have it. I tuned in this weekend and, OMG. I am getting back in touch with long lost friends (and enemies and frenemies) from elementary school, junior high, high school, college, working life and law school. How weird is that? Especially since I've tried to block out years of childhood torment and teenaged awkwardness.

It's an interesting sort of fulfillment. You don't have to, or get to, live with these people anymore but you can get a glimpse of them now, and go further if you want. I haven't found any of my old boyfriends. That's a blessing I'm sure.

High school's golden girl is a happy housewife with toddlers and she looks great. All of us geeklets are doing well. A junior high clique-mate with whom I'd always had tension is a teacher in that very same school. When we were kids she lived across the street from it. My beloved roommates are doing well. One just had a baby and works as a shrink for the Department of Corrections. She always took the hard way.

I gotta get back to work (more on that later). To be continued....

No comments: